Hello, to all my friends and family and bloggers fans, I would like to welcome you to my word playground. Come in sit awhile,talk to me and I will talk back.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Queen Nyla

Hi everyone, another day that the Lord has made, I hope that you all are rejoicing like I am rejoicing and glad in it?  I just want to let everyone know that soon I will have a new book out on the horzion.  I have placed a sample of it here to get an idea on how to do my cover for it.  Also, I would like your opinion on what age group this would be good for.  So, thank you in advance for your suggestions.   I will be looking to hear back from you. So, get those comments coming in.  To make things interesting I will randomly pick a winner from the suggestions for a $10  amazon gift card.  The drawing will be February 14th, just in time for Valentine's Day.

Hints: Picture a book made for a Disney movie, it is a battle between good and evil.
Characters: Queen Nyla, Tamonzi (protagonist), Numbe (Antagonist), Master Wi (Zen Master).
I am thinking maybe for age groups 5-12 but let me know what your thoughts are on that, enjoy. You can either email your suggestion to me or leave them on my blog comments, my email address is odraduke@yahoo.com Thank you!
Queen Nyla

Queen Nyla, ruler of a vast kingdom; deep in the jungle of Mob.  She was revered and loved of all of Movibia.  Her Kingdom reached as far as the eye could see.  It was said that Queen Nyla, had a treasure that was so great and wondrous, that you would not believe your eyes if you saw it. 

     “But, that was many years ago, said Lucius, the squirrel.  One of the children that he was telling the story too   yawned. 

     “I suppose that no one is interested in my boring old tale?”

     The children answered.   “Please Lucius; finish telling us the story about Queen Nyla.” 

     “OK, if you all promise not to yawn anymore, I will tell you.” 

     “We promise, the children replied.” 

     “Alright here goes.  They say that the queen did not go anywhere, are see anyone, except for Numbe, the Demon king.  People were afraid to go near the castle, because they feared that Numbe had bewitched it.  So, day after day, the Queen sat alone in her castle, no visitors, no friends or family to talk too; only Numbe.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Numbe

Numbe comes to the castle; the Queen is sitting in her favorite chair by the window, in the parlor.

     “Numbe, where have you been?”  The Queen bellowed.

     “Oh, here and there, up and down and around.  Numbe must keep an eye on things you know.” 

   “Tell me Numbe, what did you see and hear? What are the people saying about me?”

     “Oh, Queenie dear, I am afraid the word is not good, they say that you are old and weak; not fit to be their Queen anymore.  Oh, and they say you’re ugly.”       

  “Ugly! The Queen sprung up out of her chair and almost fell over.

 “I'm not ugly; I'll show them who’s ugly.” 

     “Now, now, Queenie, temper, temper.  Let's show some tact, shall we, let them know you got class sister.” 

     “Oh, yeah, I got class, she said (as she shimmied around the room).”

      “You got soul.”